- 2 gallons hot water
- 1 bar soap, grated
- 2 cups baking soda – please not this recipe calls for baking soda, not washing soda. Although, I have made it with washing soda
- 2 cups Borax
- Grate up your bar soap – Fels-Naptha, Ivory soap, Kirk’s Hardwater Castile are all great options.
- Melt grated bar soap in a pan with just enough boiling water to cover. Stir until the soap is completely melted – “I’m Melting”
- In large pail or bucket “Bulk Storage” pour in two gallons of hot water. Add the dry ingredients – “2nd and 3rd ingredient.” Stir well ensuring a good mixture of dry ingredients and warm water.
- Finally add all ingredients together “This is me all mixed Up”
- Bulk storage bucket – most times these can be obtained from your local grocer in the bakery department. The lid on these buckets are easy to use too!
- I find it easier for everyday use to keep the Liquid Laundry Detergent in a smaller container – “Final step, storage and use.” Don’t forget to shake me up before each use.
- Use 1/2 cup per load, or more for oversized or very soiled loads of laundry.
Here are my pics making this liquid laundry detergent.
Let me know how it goes.